The Only Benchmarking Survey that Mirrors 99% of Businesses in the U.S.
ABOUT THE UBA HEALTH PLAN SURVEY
Since 2005, United Benefit Advisors has surveyed thousands of employers across the nation regarding their health plans allowing us to get a clear picture of how the changing landscape of health care impacts their employees and business.
Data in the 2015 survey is based on responses from 10,804 employers sponsoring 18,186 health plans nationwide. The scope of the survey allows regional, industry-specific and employee-size differentials to emerge from the data.
As the nation’s largest health plan survey and most comprehensive source of reliable benchmarking data, we are working to share our knowledge with our community of employers to empower decision making and find baselines for employee benefit strategies that are innovative and effective, as well as leverage that data to more accurately evaluate costs, giving employers a distinct competitive edge in recruiting and retaining a superior workforce.
2015 Executive Summary Findings:
• Impact from employers delaying their health plan renewal dates
• Breakdown of employer health plan metal levels
• Trends in types of health plans offered
• FSA increases relative to employer size
• Multi-tiered health plan choices
• Costs and renewal rate increases by plan type
• Prescription drug plans
• Comparisons by region, employer size and industry
Comprehensive Health Plan Topics:
The survey contains information on a wide range of health plan-related topics, including high-deductible health plans, health savings accounts (HSAs), health reimbursement accounts (HRAs), employee consumerism, wellness programs, chronic disease management programs and more. Learn more about this by downloading our Benchmark Hot Topics infographic.
Have All the Facts:
Benchmarking data from the UBA Health Plan Survey can help you gauge a wide range of factors regarding your health plan offerings, such as:
• Are company premiums above or below the norm?
• Are the levels of contributions you require your employees to pay in line with your competitors?
• Are co-pays, deductibles, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums for your plans in line with averages for your geography, industry and size?
• How do your annual premium increases compare with other employers in your area?
• How do your prescription drug benefits compare?
• Are you in step with the cost-containment strategies being implemented successfully by other companies in your industry?
We know that to some, health plan benchmarking data may be BORING…
But, we have seen the data in the nation’s largest healthcare time and again be leveraged to create the most innovative and effective health plan strategies across the country saving employers time, money and the frustration of trying to find what will work best for their size, industry and part of the country.